The first update of Season 7 goes live soon!
Update 17.10 is now LIVE in Fortnite. As the Invasion takes over the island, players are exploring all of the out-of-this-world content on offer.
Fortnite are hosting a Cosmic Summer Celebration to welcome our friends from outer space at Believer Beach.
With this being the first post-launch update, we can expect plenty of changes including new content, bug fixes and quality of life improvements.
Here are the patch notes for the 17.10 update in Fortnite.
The next update is expected to arrive on the 22nd June 2021.
Maintenance traditionally begins at the following times:
12.30 AM PT
2.30 PM CT
- Xbox One - 3.2GB
- Xbox Series X - 2.9GB
- PS4 - 4.13GB
- PS5 - 3.2GB
- PC - 2.2GB
- Switch - 1GB
- Android - 2GB
Cosmic Summer Celebration Event
What Is The Cosmic Summer Celebration Event?
Fortnite have announced that they're hosting a new event to celebrate Summer and our new friends from outer space.
Titled 'Cosmic Summer Celebration', this in-game event will take place on the 22nd June at 9AM ET on Believer Beach. It is believed to run for two weeks.
They have yet to confirm the details, but they have teased that this new event will include new quests, rewards and a whole lot of fun!
It's no surprise to see Fortnite run a seasonal event as they tend to do this often.
- Complete Cosmic Summer Quests (0/2) - Rewards Believer Beach Loading Screen
- Complete Cosmic Summer Quests (0/6) - Rewards Icy Pop Wrap
- Complete Cosmic Summer Quests (0/12) - Rewards Lil' Treat Emote
- Deal damage to players in Bios Zone Wars Trio (0/1000) - Rewards Brain Freeze (Slurpberry)
- Get headshot eliminations in Bios Zone Wars Trio (0/10) - Rewards Banner Icon
- Gain Health of Apply Shield in Bios Zone Wars Trio (0/500) - Rewards Firecracker Freefall
- Assist teammates with eliminations in Bios Zone Wars Trio (0/50) - Rewards Cloud Llama Board (Cloud Coral Board) Glider
- Spend coins to buy items at the vending machine in Pro 100 (0/10) - Rewards BRain Freeze (Slimeberry)
- Deal damage to players with a rocket launcher in Pro 100 (0/1000) - Rewards Beach Blast Music Track
- Revive Teammates in Pro 100 (0/20) - Rewards Cloud Llama Board (Cloudy Cat Board)
- Travel 5000 meters in X-4 Stormwings in Freaky Flights (0/5000) - Rewards Brain Freeze (Orangeberry)
- Spend coins to buy items at the vending machine in Freaky Flights (0/50) - Rewards KA-BANG! Wrap
- Eliminate players while in a X-4 Stormwing in Freaky Flights (0/25) - Rewards Cloud Llama Board (Cloud Crew Board) Glider
- Build structures in The Pit (0/500) - Rewards Stellar Sipper Emoji
- Eliminate players with 5 different types of weapons in a single The Pit match (0/5) - Rewards Marshmallets Pickaxe
- Get headshots in The Pit (0/50) - Rewards Cloud Llama Board (Golden Wave)
All via @iFireMonkey
- Competitive pre-season will come to and end with the new update and Arena Hype points will be reset.
- Earn rewards by completing King's Bling quests
Alien Parasites added
- An Alien Parasite has attached to you! Enjoy enhanced mobility in exchange for some health!
- Alien Parasites detach and ignore you for a few seconds if you touch fire, water, or enter a prop
- Mothership position has changed (via @FNBRUnreleased)
Recon Scanner has been nerfed:
- Duration: Reduced to 10 secs
- Recharge: Increased to 20 secs
- NEW: Alien Nanites - Generate an Alien Biome in a large area for a short duration
- NEW: Zyg And Choppy's Ray Gun - New Mythic weapon
- NEW: Alien Knockgun Launcher - the Pulsar 9000 from STW
- NEW: Inflate-A-Bull - A suit that gives you cow-like properties, such as being able to roll down hills, bounce off cliffs, and be impervious to fire. You know, normal cow stuff.
All via @iFireMonkey
All Item Shop cosmetics added/updated for Item Shop support in v17.10: pic.twitter.com/nDk8zaBYHQ— iFireMonkey (@iFireMonkey) June 22, 2021
New Loading Screens! pic.twitter.com/iC5wxTTr6p— VastBlast - Fortnite Leaks (@VastBlastt) June 22, 2021
All Music Packs added in v17.10 pic.twitter.com/KAuXcZmRzA— iFireMonkey (@iFireMonkey) June 22, 2021
According to the Fortnite Community Trello board, here's what's being updated in the next update:
- Item Shop update notice not clearing
Battle Royale Issues
- Taking damage through cars while in motion
- Ability to change loot pools in Battle Lab temporarily disabled
- Character collection book incompletable due to missing entries
- Saucers may become inoperable if a beamed-up object falls on it
- HUD controller device join in progress
- Images are cut off in the discover tab
- Player can encounter infinite loading screen when flying out of island
- Asset memory size not showing in pre-place mode on XL islands
Save The World Issues
- Melee hits aren't registering on Melee Weapons for PC
Follow us for the latest updates!
CHECK OUT OUR OTHER STORIES
JOIN OUR MAILING LIST
Enter your email and receive 10% off your first order.